Head of Laboratory - Dr.Sci., Prof. Alexander V. Smirnov - intelligent configuration management of virtual and networking organizations, and knowledge logistics. firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory Staff - 14 members
PhD, Nikolai G. Chilov - methods and tools for virtual enterprise configuration. email@example.com
PhD, Nikolai Mustafin – methods and models for complex decision support
PhD, Michael. P. Pashkin – Internet-based technologies for knowledge management. firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD, Leonid B. Sheremetov – modelling of multi-agent systems
PhD, Vladimir M. Shpakov - hybrid dynamic systems modelling and simulation, email@example.com
PhD, Andrew A. Krizhanovsky – methods and technologies for computational linguistics, firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD, Alexey M. Kashevnik – methods and technologies for knowledge management of production networks, email@example.com
MS in Computer Science, Tatiana V. Levashova – methods and technologies for ontology management. firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna S. Komarova – ontology-based access to e-documents (supervisor - Prof. A.V. Smirnov), komarova@ iias.spb.su
Students Engagen on Degree Thesis
Antonov A.S. Planning Automation for Victim Evacuation with Using Prolog Language (Dipl.-Ing., supervisor - Prof. A. Smirnov)
Baboshin A.A. Context-Based Automation Parallelization of Web-Services Cooperation (Dipl.-Ing., supervisor - Prof. A. Smirnov)
Kashevnik A.M. Context-Oriented Knowledge Management for Personalized Support of Production Network Members Interaction (PhD on Systems Analysis, Control and Information Processing; supervisor – Prof. A. Smirnov)
Krizhanovsky A.A. Mathematics and Software for Automatic Forming Lists of Semantically Related Terms Based on Wiki-Texts Rating (PhD on Mathematics and Software of Computers, Complexes and Computer Networks; supervisor – Prof. A. Smirnov)
SPSEEU, Department of Research Automation: Decision Support Systems in Manufacturing, Corporate Information Systems (Prof. A. Smirnov).
The First International Workshop on Model-Based Software and Data Integration (April 1– 2, 2008, Berlin, Germany) - N. Chilov
The 5th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (May 4-7, 2008, Washington, D.C., USA) - A. Smirnov
The 3nd German-Russian Workshop on Logistics (May 21-25, 2008, Moscow, Russia) - A. Smirnov
The 7th International Conference on Intelligent Information Procession (June 9-14, 2008, Alushta, Ukraine) - T. Levashova
4th International Conference on Self-organization and Adaptation of Computing and Communications (July 22-24, 2008, Glasgow, UK) - T. Levashova
The 20th International Conference on Systems Research, Informatics and Cybernetics (July 24-30, 2008, Baden-Baden, Germany) - A. Smirnov
The Third Nordic Summer School in Geographic Information Science (18-22 àâãóñòà 2008, Gävle, Sweden) – A. Kashevnik
The 8th International Conference on Intelligent Systems (September 3-10, 2008, Divnomorskoe, Russia) - A. Smirnov
The 8th International FLINS Conference on Computational Intelligence in Decision and Control (September 21 – 24, 2008, Madrid, Spain) - A. Smirnov
The ÕIVth International Exhibition & Congress “High technology. Innovations. Investments” (September 22 – 25, 2008, St.Petersburg, Russia) – V. Shpakov (an award in nomination “The best innovation project in field of information technologies and electronics”)
The 11th Russian Conference on Artificial Intelligence (September 29 – October 3, 2008, Dubna, Russia) - A. Smirnov
The International Conference “Corpus Linguistics” (October 6—10, 2008, St. Petersburg, Russia) - A. Krizhanovsky
The 9th IFAC Workshop on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (October 9 – 10, 2008, Szczecin, Poland) - A. Smirnov
The 5th Scientific & Technical Conference on Mechatronics, Automation, and Control (October 14-16, 2008, St. Petersburg, Russia) – V. Shpakov
eChallenges 2008 Conference and Exhibition (October 22-24, 2008, Stockholm, Sweden) - A. Smirnov
The First IFIP WG 8.1 Working Conference on the Practice of Enterprise Modeling (November 12-13, 2008, Stockholm, Sweden) - N. Chilov
The Third International Conference on Digital Information Management (November 13 – 16, 2008, London, UK) - N. Chilov
The Workshop “Context Modeling and Management for Smart Environments” (November 13 – 16, 2008, London, UK) - N. Chilov
The Workshop on Human Systems Integration to Enhance Maritime Domain Awareness for Port/Harbour Security Systems (December 8-12, 2008, Opatija, Croatia) - A. Smirnov
Sheremetov L. – Principial Investigator, Mexican Petrolium Institute (Mexico).
Smirnov A. – Expert of EC (Directorate-General Information Society – Research; NEST, FET), affiliated professor of School of Engineering (Jönköping University, Sweden), consulting of Ford Motor Company (USA), participant of the meetings of the EC project ILIPT and the European research consortium on SME-Chain.
Membership in Russian and International Societies, Editorial Boards, etc.
Smirnov A. - Vice-Chairman of Integrated Scientific Council on Computer Science, Communication and Control in the St. Petersburg Scientific Center of Russian Academy of Sciences; member of Scientific Council of the Russian Academy of Sciences on Scientific Basis of Information Technologies and Automation.
Smirnov A. - member of Advisory Committee of Journal on Information Technologies and .Computer Systems (Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia); Journal on Artificial Intelligent and Decision Making (Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia); Journal of Information & Control Systems (Russia), Journal of Computer Research and Development (China); International Journal of Multiagent and Grid Systems (Netherlands); International Transactions on Systems Science and Applications (UK), Intelligent Decision Technologies (Netherlands), and International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies (Switzerland).
Smirnov A. - member of Reviewer Board of International Journal of Hybrid Intelligent Systems (Netherlands), Applied Soft Computing Journal (UK), European Journal of Operational Research (UK).
Smirnov A. – member of IEEE, member of International Society of Information Fusion, honorary member of International Association “Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication”.
Smirnov A. - member of technical committee of IFAC TC 5.1 on Manufacturing Plant Control; IEEE ComSoc TC on Situation Management; IEEE SMC TC on Self-Organization and Complex Distributed Systems.
Smirnov A. - member of International Working Group on Knowledge Systems for Coalition Operations.
Methods and technologies for knowledge logistics and for intelligent management of virtual resource networks.
1. An ontological approach to context-oriented knowledge management in flexible resource networks has been proposed. In this approach such technologies as ontology-based context management and role-based profiling are used. This increases the efficiency of the operational decision making due to revealing and using relevant at the moment knowledge. As a part of the approach a new context-driven decision mining method has been developed for knowledge extraction from the decisions made. This method allows revealing preferences and grouping users and network members based on history of their work. This significantly increases the efficiency and quality of operational information support of network members [1-12, 14-19, 22, 23, 25-28].
2. The approach to automatic forming lists of semantically related terms based on (1) wiki-texts rating in the problem-oriented corpus with hyperlinks and categories with two types of relations (hyponymy and meronymy) and (2) using metadata (keywords, categories classifying documents by their topics, hyperlinks) has been proposed. The approach is based on (1) a new method of forming a root set of documents (it consists of a pointing of source document and finding of related documents) and (2) a method of hierarchical clustering of words by their meaning. The software for related terms search with visualization and evaluation of search results based on thesauri (WordNet, Moby) was developed. The application was evaluated on Russian and English Wikipedias. The software performs search of related (by topic) encyclopedic articles for deep subject understanding; the application helps to find missing links between related articles [13, 20, 21, 24, 29].
3. An interacting hybrid processes states representation model and a method of the states transformation have been developed. The method and the model are based on use of logic-dynamic situation-event approaches to creation of hybrid processes executable specifications. They are oriented to development of means for manifold adaptive control systems simulation and realization. The method enables specification of control actions associated with occurrences of some events at assigned logic-dynamic situations. The actions are able to change both dynamics and structure of the system. The first version of the research prototype of the computer environment for such a control system simulation has been worked out. A test simulation model of a two-level system has been worked out with help of the environment. The system realizes automatic coordination of rolls on plane positioning processes in its subsystems [30, 31].
1. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Kashevnik A. Developing a Knowledge Management Platform for Automotive Build-To-Order Production Network // Human Systems Management. Special Issue on Towards the Transition from Supply Chain to Alliance and Supply Networks: Concepts, Models and Methodologies / Guest editor C. Chandra. IOS Press, 2008. Vol. 27, No. 1. P. 15 – 30.
2. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Levashova T., Kashevnik A. Self-Organised Service Network for Dynamic Logistics: Framework and Case Study // Communications of SIWN. The Systemic and Informatics World Network, 2008. Vol. 4. P. 123 – 127.
3. Smirnov A., Pashkin M., Levashova T., Kashevnik A., Shilov N. Context-Driven Decision Mining // Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining. Hershey / Ed. by J. Wang. New York, Information Science Preference, 2008. Second Edition. Vol. 1. P. 320 - 327.
4. Smirnov A., Levashova T., Shilov N. Ontology Engineering for Knowledge Sharing in Supply Chains // Supply Chain Management and Knowledge Management / Eds. by A. Dwivedi and T. Butcher. Macmillan Publishers Ltd., 2008, pp. 59 - 81.
5. Smirnov A., Pashkin M., Shilov N., Levashova T. Self-Organising Service Networks for Semantic Interoperability Support in Virtual Enterprises // Enterprise Interoperability III: New Challenges and Industrial Approaches / Eds. by K. Mertins, R. Ruggaber, K. Popplewell, X. Xu. Springer, 2008. P. 343 – 352.
6. Smirnov A., Levashova T., Shilov N. Ontology-Driven Knowledge Sharing for Networked Organisation Configuration // Enterprise Information Systems / Eds. by Y. Manolopoulos, J. Filipe, P. Constantopoulos and J Cordeiro. Springer, 2008. P. 179 – 193.
7. Smirnov A., Levashova T., Shilov N. RFID-Based Intelligent Logistics for Distributed Production Networks // Dynamics in Logistics / Eds. By H.-D. Haasis, H.-J. Kreowski, B. Scholz-Reiter. Springer, 2008. P. 117 – 124.
8. Kashevnik A., Sandkhul K., Shilov N., Smirnov A., Tarasov V. Business Community Creation Based on Competence Management // Collaboration and Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies / Eds. by P. Cunninghem and M. Cunninghem. Amsterdam: IOS Press, 2008. Part 2. P. 1085 – 1092.
9. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Levashova T., Kashevnik A. Context-Aware Operational Decision Support in Decentralised Environments: a Methodology // Advances in Decision Technology and Intelligent Information Systems / Eds. By K. Engemann and G. Lasker. The International Institute for Advanced Studies in Systems Research and Cybernetics, Windsor, Canada, 2008. Vol. IX, P. 26 – 30.
10. Smirnov A.V., Levashova T.V., Shilov N.G., Kashevnik A.M., Decision Making Support for Decentralized Environment Based on Web-Service Network // Tavrichesky Vestink of Informatics and Mathematics. Simferopol: KNC NANU, 2008, #2. C. 186-194 (in Russian)
11. Levashova T.V. Context Model in Intelligent Decision Support Systems // Decision Support: Proceedings of Institute of Systems Analysis of RAS / Ed. by A.B. Petrovsky. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2008. V. 34. P. 36–37 (in Russian)
12. Kashevnik A.M. Automation Interaction of Production Network Members Based on Competence Management Technology // Automation in Production, 2008, ¹3, C. 9–11 (in Russian)
13. Krizhanovsky A.A. Automatic Forming Lists of Semantically Related Terms with Examples from Aircraft Terminology. // Automation in Industry, 2008. ¹4. P.16-20 (in Russian)
14. Shilov N.G. Principles and Models for Ontology-Driven Management of Networked Organizations with Dynamic Structures // Decision Support: Proceedings of Institute of Systems Analysis of RAS / Ed. by A.B. Petrovsky. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2008. V. 34. P. 109–119 (in Russian)
15. Shilov N.G. Building Cooperative Self-Organizing Networks: Major Tasks and Technologies // Proceedings of Institutes of Higher Education: Instrument-Making. 2008. ¹ 11. P. 17-20 (in Russian)
16. Pashkin M.P., Levashova T.V. Context Management in Multiagent Intelligent Distance Learning Systems for Definition of Trainees’ Skills // Proceedings of SPIIRAS (eds. by R. Yusupov), St.Petersburg, Nauka, 2008, Vol. 6. P. 144–153 (in Russian)
17. Smirnov A., Levashova T., Shilov N., Kashevnik A. Service-Based Architecture for Ontology-Driven Information Integration in Dynamic Logistics // Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Model-Based Software and Data Integration / Eds. by R.-D. Kutsche, N. Milanovich. Berlin, Germany, April 1– 2, 2008. Communications in Computer and Information Science. Springer, 2008. Vol. 8. P. 91 – 101.
18. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Levashova T., Kashevnik A. Web-Service Network for Disaster Management // Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM) / Eds. by F. Fiedrich and B. Van de Walle. Washington, USA, May 4 – 7, 2008. P. 516 – 525.
19. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Kashevnik A. Competence Profiling for Partner Selection in Flexible Supply Network // Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Modern Trends in Russian and Germany. St.Petersburg, SPGPU, 2008. P. 90-98.
20. Smirnov A., Krizhanovsky A. Experimental Estimate of Wikipedia’ Index Database Creation // Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Systems, September 3-10, 2008, Divnomorskoe, Russia, Vol.2, pp. 7 – 14. (in Russian).
21. Smirnov A., Krizhanovsky A. Information filtering based on wiki index database // Proceedings of the 8th International FLINS Conference on Computational Intelligence in Decision and Control (FLINS 2008) / Eds. by Da Ruan, Javier Montero, Jie Lu, Luis Martinez, Pierre D’hondt and Etienne E. Kerre. Madrid, Spain, September 21 – 24, 2008. Vol. 1. P. 115 – 120.
22. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Levashova T. Hybrid Technology for Disaster Response // Proceedings of the 8th International FLINS Conference on Computational Intelligence in Decision and Control (FLINS 2008) / Eds. by Da Ruan, Javier Montero, Jie Lu, Luis Martinez, Pierre D’hondt and Etienne E. Kerre. Madrid, Spain, September 21 – 24, 2008. Vol. 1. P. 817 – 822.
23. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Levashova T., Kashevnik Decentralized Intelligent Decision Support for Disaster Management // Proceedings of the 11th Russian Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Dubna, Russia, September 29 – October 3, 2008. Moscow, LENAND, Vol. 2. P. 253 – 261 (in Russian)
24. Krizhanovsky A. Experiments on corpus index generated from Wikipedia // Proceedings of International Conference on Corpus Linguistics, St.Petersburg, Russia, October 6—10, 2008. P.221—228.
25. Smirnov A., Levashova T., Shilov N. Ontology-Based Knowledge Sharing in Flexible Supply Networks // Preprints of the 9th IFAC Workshop on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (IMS’08) / Eds. by C.E. Pereira, O. Zaikin, Z. A. Banaszak. Szczecin, Poland, 9 – 10 Oct., 2008. P. 81 – 86.
26. Smirnov A., Shilov N. Service-Based Business Network Modelling: Application to Dynamic Logistics //The Practice of Enterprise Modeling / Eds. by J. Stirna and A. Persson: Proceedings of the First IFIP WG 8.1 Working Conference, PoEM 2008. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 2008. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. P. 127 – 137.
27. Smirnov A., Krizhanovsky A., Shilov N., Lappetelainen A., Oliver I., Boldyrev S. Efficient Distributed Information Management in Smart Spaces // Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM 2008). UK, London, 13 – 16 Nov., 2008. P. 483 – 488.
28. Smirnov A., Shilov N., Levashova T., Kashevnik A. Context Management for Response to Traffic Accident in Smart Environment // Proceedings of Workshop “CMMSE: Context Modeling and Management for Smart Environments”. UK, London, 13 – 16 Nov., 2008. P. 893 – 898.
29. Krizhanovsky A.A. Certificate of the Branch Development N 11264 “The Software for Searching Semantically Related Terms in Wiki-Texts - Synarcher 0.12.5” // Branch Fund of Algorithms and Programs. The Number of State Registration is 50200801747. Date of Registration: August 8, 2008 (in Russian)
30. Shpakov V.M. An Example of Hybrid Logic Control Law Application // Proceedings of SPIIRAS (eds. by R. Yusupov), St.Petersburg, Nauka, 2008, Vol. 7(in Russian).
31. Shpakov V.M. A Case Study of a Hybrid Logic Control Law Specification // Materials of the 2nd Russian Multi-conference on Control Problems. Mechatronics, Automation, Control. – St.Petersburg: GNC RF CNII «Electropribor», 2008. – P. 133 – 136 (in Russian)