Head of Laboratory - Dr.Sci., Prof. Alexander V. Smirnov - intelligent configuration management of production networks. firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory Staff - 12 members and 1 post-graduate students
Dr.Sci. Vasily V. Popovich - object oriented geographical information systems email@example.com
PhD, Oleg Yu. Gusikhin – schedule and control methods for manufacturing systems
PhD, Leonid B. Sheremetov – modeling of multi-agent systems
PhD, Vladimir M. Shpakov - hybrid dynamic systems modeling and simulation,. firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD, Irina O. Rakhmanova – group decision making for quality evaluation of organization and technical solutions. email@example.com
MS in Computer Science. Michael. P. Pashkin – Internet-based technologies for group decision support systems
MS in Electronic. Michael V. Shpakov – modeling and simulation of business processes
MS in Math. Anna V. Pankova – information technologies for knowledge management. firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikolai G. Chilov - Methods and Tools for Virtual Enterprises Configuring, supervisor A.V.Smirnov. email@example.com
Irina O. Rakhmanova - Methods and Tools for Group Expert Evaluation of Solutions in Complex Domains. Supervisor - Smirnov A.
SPSTU, Department of Economics and Management: Information Technologies for Economics (A. Smirnov, I. Rakhmanova); Computer Science and Programming (V. Shpakov)
SPSEEU, Department of Research Automation: Decision Support Systems in Manufacturing, Corporate Information Systems (A. Smirnov)
The 2000 AAAI Spring Symposium “Bringing Knowledge to Business Processes”, March 20-22, Stanford, California, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The Eleventh Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society (POM-2000), San Antonio, Texas, USA, April 1-4, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The Technology Day 2000, Dearborn, Michigan, USA, June 6, 2000. – A. Smirnov
International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Information Technologies for Control (2000-ISITC), Pskov, June 18-23, 2000. – V. Shpakov
The 6th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising. Toulouse, France, June 28-30, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The second Conference on Management and Control of Production (MCPL’2000). Grenoble, France, July 5-8, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The 2000 Japan–USA Symposium on Flexible Automation, July 2000, Ann Arbor, Michigan. – A. Smirnov
The 4th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2000), Orlando, Florida, USA, July 23 - 26, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The IASTED International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISC'2000), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, August 14 - 16, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The Second International Conference on Simulation, Gaming, Training and Business Process Reengineering in Operations, Riga, Latvia, September 8 - 9, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The Conference on Information Society Technologies (IST’2000), Nice, France, November 6 - 8, 2000. - A. Smirnov
Russian Conference on Information Society Technologies (IST/IMS – 2000), St.Petersburg, November 20-24, 2000. – A. Smirnov
The 2nd IFIP/MASSYVE Working Conference on Infrastructures for Virtual Enterprises, (PRO-VE 2000), Florianopolis, SC, Brazil, December 4 - 6, 2000. – L. Sheremetov
RI’2000 – T. Levashova, V. Popovich, and V. Shpakov
The Second International Exhibition “St.Petersburg – 300 years”, St.Petersburg, May 25-28, 2000 – I. Rakhmanova, V. Shpakov
Russian Exhibition “Russian Manufacturer”. St.Petersburg, September 25-29, 2000 – I. Rakhmanova, V. Shpakov
Smirnov A. – scientific visits to Ford Research Center (Aachen, Germany) and to School of Engineering, Jönköping University (Sweden)
Smirnov A. - Visiting Professor, University of Michigan-Dearborn (USA)
Chilov N. - Visiting Researcher, University of Michigan-Dearborn (USA)
Gusikhin O. – Technical Specialist, Research Laboratory, Ford Motor Company (USA)
Sheremetov L. – Visiting Professor and Researcher of the Center of Computational Research, National Technical Institute ( Mexico)
Membership in International Societies
Smirnov A. - Member of Advisory Committee of International Journal of Agile Manufacturing, USA
Sheremetov L. - Member of the National System of Researchers (Mexico); Member of the ACM; Member of the Mexican Society of Artificial Intelligence; Member of the Editorial Board of the Scientific Journal “Temas en ciencia y tecnologia" (Mexico)
Smirnov A. – Russian State Scientific Scholarship in Computer Science
Sheremetov L.-Scholarship of National System of Researchers (Mexico)
Design, management and control of manufacturing systems: group decision making, distributed control, object-oriented data bases, corporate knowledge management, configuration management of production networks, object-oriented GISs
1. A concept and a technologies framework of e-management (Internet/Intranet/Extranet – based management) for configuration of production networks (virtual enterprises, supply chains, etc.) are developed [7-25]. E-management processes are described in the context of a product life-cycle, namely, (1) sourcing is the process for managing procurement of raw materials and accessories required in the transformation of a concept to an end-product structure; (2) production is the process of transformation of raw materials and/or components into an end-product; (3) inventory management is the process of mapping demand forecasts into stocks of inventory needed to support these demands; (4) dispatching is the process of warehousing an end-product and shipping it to meet planned orders; and (5) transportation is the logistics pertaining to shipping an end-product to consumer. The proposed e-management technologies are categorised into two groups, (i) problem solving, and (ii) information support. For the first group, these are (1) custom-ordered (mass customisation) management, (2) configuration management, and (3) constraint satisfaction & propagation. For the second group, these are (1) data & knowledge management, (2) multi-agent & intelligent agent, and (3) conceptual & information modeling.
2. A situation based approach to specification of hybrid (discrete-event and continuous) dynamic system functioning is investigated [1,5]. With this approach a model of the system functioning is defined with an initial situation and a set of rules which describe any possible current situation transformation. In this there is a principal difference of this approach from one based on procedure (algorithmic) specification, which describe a succession of actions. The transformation of any situation may be defined as dependence not only on the current situation but also on some previous ones and on some events, which connected with origin or disappearance of definite situation. Designing of the rules corresponding to the situation arisen makes it possible to specify a dynamical process from its initial up to its end situation. The approach is useful for specification of parallel asynchronous discrete-continuous processes. It allows to define interaction between the processes and to realize their coordination. B-version of an environment based on this approach is worked out. It is oriented on development of hybrid control system simulation models.
3. An axiomatic basis of research on an applied theory is created. The theory of search for moving objects (TSMO) is used as an example of the approach being developed [5,6]. The authors show that the Koopman’s theory of search is a part of the TSMO. A computer prototype of a library of functions of applied tasks of TSMO, radar, acoustics, and digital maps is created. The above computer prototype can be used as an end-user’s visual shell. The visual shell of the proposed kind can be used to study and solve various applied tasks. The computer prototype can be used as the Dynamic Links Library (DLL) and as a unit of the Borland Delphi compiler. The computer prototype of the library of functions of applied tasks of TSMO is used for object oriented modeling to solve tasks for dynamics applications.
1. Shpakov V. Environment for Development of Situational Executive Specifications of Control System Models.// Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Information Technologies for Control (2000-ISITC), Pskov, June 18-23, 2000. (in Russian)
2. Smirnov A., Rakhmanova I. And M. Pashkin. “MultiExpert”: an Environment for Group Expert Evaluation of Solutions in Complex Domains. // Innovations, 2000. ą 5. (in Russian)
3. Smirnov A., Chilov N., Levashova T. and K. Danilov. Production Process Configuration: Order Processing Based on Object-Oriented Environment “DESO” // Proceedings of the International Conference on Regional Informatics, St.Petersburg, December 4-8, 2000. (in Russian)
4. Popovich V. Classification of Search Problems // Proceedings of the International Conference on Regional Informatics, St.Petersburg, December 4-8, 2000. (in Russian)
5. Shpakov V. Situational Executive Specifications Using for Development of Hybrid Control System Models // Proceedings of the International Conference on Regional Informatics, St.Petersburg, December 4-8, 2000. (in Russian)
6. Popovich V. Bases of Search Theory for Moving Objects – St.Petersburg, VMA, 2000. 300 p. (in Russian)
7. Smirnov, A.V., and Chandra, C. Object-Oriented Modeling Methodology for Co-Operative Supply Chain Management // Proceedings of the Second CONSA Special Workshop on Simulation Applications in the Baltic Area (Research Report Series, Report Number 4, 2000; Eds: Rapp, B., Merkuryev, Y., and Merkuryeva, G.), October 10-11, 1999, Riga, Latvia. University of Linkouping, Sweden, 2000. P. 7—19.
8. Smirnov, A., and Chandra, C., Ontology-based Knowledge Management for Co-operative Supply Chain Configuration // Proceedings of the 2000 AAAI Spring Symposium “Bringing Knowledge to Business Processes”. Stanford, California, AAAI Press, 2000. P. 85—92.
9. Chandra, C., and Smirnov, A.V. Cooperative Supply Chain Configuration Management // The Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society (POM-2000). San Antonio, Texas, 2000. P. 42.
10. Chandra, C., Smirnov, A.V. Custom-Oriented Management of Vehicles Supply Chain Using Fuzzy Coalition Games // The Proceedings of the Technology Day 2000. College of Engineering & Computer Science, University of Michigan. Dearborn, Michigan, USA, 2000. P. 36—38.
11. Golm F., and Smirnov, A. ProCon: Decision Support for Resource Management in a Global Production Network Intelligent Problem Solving // The Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems (IEA/AIE 2000). New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, Springer Verlag, 2000.
12. Smirnov, A.V., and Chandra, C. E-Management of Scalable Supply Chain Configurations: Concept and Reusable Knowledge Management // The Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising. Toulouse, France, 2000. – P.91—99.
13. Smirnov, A.V., and Chandra, C. Configuring Co-Operative Supply Chain using Object-Oriented Modeling // MCPL’2000 Second Conference on Management and Control of Production. Grenoble, France, 2000.
14. Chandra, C., Kumar, S., and Smirnov, A.V. E-Management of Scalable Cooperative Supply Chains: Conceptual Modeling and Information Technologies // The Proceedings of the IFAC Symposium on Manufacturing, Modeling, Management and Control. Greece. – P. 439—444.
15. Chandra, C., and Smirnov, A.V. Fuzzy constraints Networks for Configuring Supply Chain // The Proceedings of the 2000 Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automation. Ann Arbor, Michigan 2000.
16. Chandra, C., and Smirnov, A. E-Management of Large Scale Production Networks Configuration: Major Principles and Models // The Proceedings of 4th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2000). Orlando, Florida, USA, 2000. – Vol. IV. – P. 236—241.
17. Chandra, C., and Smirnov, A.V. Intelligent Configuration of Supply Chains: Generic Technology Framework and Knowledge Representation Models // The Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISC, 2000). Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2000. – P. 45—51.
18. Golm F., and Smirnov, A. AI-based Decision Support for Resource Management of Virtual Production Networks // The 8th International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering (ICME 2000). Sydney, 2000.
19. Chandra, C., Smirnov, A.V., and Chilov, N. Business Process Reengineering of Supply Chain Networks through Simulation Modeling & Analysis // The Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Simulation, Gaming, Training and Business Process Reengineering in Operations. Riga, Latvia, 2000. – P. 345—349.
20. Smirnov A.V. Mass Customization Management Infosphere: Major Requirements and Technologies // The Proceedings of the International Conference on Life Cycle Approach to Production Systems Management, Control and Supervision. Bordeaux, France, 2000. – ‑P. 1—3.
21. Chandra, C., and Smirnov, A.V. Co-operative Supply Chain Management: Applications of Ontology-Oriented Constraint Networks for Vehicle Industry // The Proceedings of the 2000 Pacific Conference on Manufacturing. Detroit, Michigan, 2000.
22. Golm F., and Smirnov A.. Virtual Production Network Configuration: ACS-approach and tools // Advances in Networked Enterprises: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Information Technology for Balanced Automation Systems in Production and Transportation (BASYS 2000). Berlin: Kluwer Academic Publishers; Bosten/Dordrecht/ London, 2000. P. 103 – 110.
23. Chandra C., and Smirnov, A.V. Intelligent Support of E-Management for Consumer-Focused Virtual Enterprises // The Proceedings of the Conference on Intelligent Systems for Advanced Manufacturing. Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 2000.
24. Chandra, C., Smirnov, A.V., Sheremetov, L.B. Agent-based Infrastructure of Supply Chain Network Management // The Proceedings of the 2nd IFIP/MASSYVE Working Conference on Infrastructures for Virtual Enterprises (PRO-VE 2000). Florianopolis, SC, Brazil, 2000.
25. Chandra, C., and Smirnov, A.V. Consumer-Focused Supply Chain Management Based on Agreement Network Model // The Proceedings of the International ICSC Congress on Intelligent Systems & Applications, Workshops on Mass Customization Management (MCM 2000). New South Wales, Australia, 2000.