Head of Laboratory - Dr.Sci., Prof. Alexander V. Smirnov - intelligent configuration management of virtual production networks. firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory Staff - 12 and 1 post-graduate students
Dr.Sci. Vasily V. Popovich – object-oriented geographical information systems (GIS) email@example.com
Ph.D., Oleg Yu. Gusikhin – schedule and control methods for manufacturing systems
Ph.D., Yn A. Ivakin – GIS’ intelligent support. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D., Vladimir N. Kogemyaka – Internet-based technologies for GISs.
Ph.D., Leonid B. Sheremetov – modeling of multi-agent systems
Ph.D., Vladimir M. Shpakov - hybrid dynamic systems modeling and simulation. email@example.com
Ph.D., Irina O. Rakhmanova – group decision making for quality evaluation of organization and technical solutions. firstname.lastname@example.org
MS in Computer Science. Michael. P. Pashkin – Internet-based technologies for group decision support systems
MS in Electronic. Michael V. Shpakov – modeling and simulation of business processes.
MS in Math. Anna V. Pankova – information technologies for knowledge management. email@example.com
Nikolai G. Chilov - Methods and Tools for Virtual Enterprises Configuring, supervisor A.V.Smirnov. firstname.lastname@example.org
SPSTU, Department of Economics and Management: Information Technologies for Economics (A. Smirnov, I. Rakhmanova); Computer Science and Programming (V. Shpakov)
SPSEEU, Department of Research Automation: Decision Support Systems in Manufacturing, Corporate Information Systems (A. Smirnov)
IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics “e-Systems and e-Man for Cybernetics in Cyberspace”, Tucson, Arizona, October 7-10, 2001. – A. Smirnov
International Conferences on Info-tech & Info-net (ICII’2001), Beijing, China, Oct.29 - Nov.1, 2001. –Chilov N., and T. Levashova
Second International Workshop of Central and Eastern Europe on Multi-Agent Systems (CEEMAS’2001), Krakow, Poland, September 26-29, 2001. – M. Pashkin
Congress on Artificial Intelligence in 21st Century. Divnomorskoe, Russia, September 3-8, 2001. – A. Smirnov
3rd International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS’2001). Setubal, Portugal, July 7-10, 2001. – A. Smirnov
7th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising (ICE’2001). Bremen, Germany, June 27-29, 2001. – A. Smirnov
International NAISO Congress on Information Science Innovations (ISI’2001), Symposium on Intelligent Automated Manufacturing (IAM’2001), Dubai, U.A.E., March 17-21, 2001. – A. Smirnov
Second Interregional Conference on Information Security of Russian Regions (ISRR-2001), St.Petersburg, 2001– Y. Ivakin
Chilov N. - Visiting Researcher, University of Michigan-Dearborn (USA)
Gusikhin O. – Technical Specialist, Research Laboratory, Ford Motor Company (USA)
Sheremetov L. – Visiting Professor and Researcher of the Center of Computational Research, Mexican National Technical University (Mexico)
Smirnov A. – scientific visits to the Center of Computational Research, Mexican National Technical University (Mexico) and to School of Engineering, Jönköping University (Sweden)
Membership in International Societies
Smirnov A. - Member of Advisory Committee of International Journal of Agile Manufacturing (USA); and Journal on Information Technologies and. Computer Systems (Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia)
Sheremetov L. - Member of the National System of Researchers (Mexico); Member of the ACM; Member of the Mexican Society of Artificial Intelligence; Member of the Editorial Board of the Scientific Journal “Temas en ciencia y tecnologia" (Mexico)
Smirnov A. – Russian State Scientific Scholarship in Computer Science
Sheremetov L.-Scholarship of National Researchers System (Mexico)
Methods and technologies for (i) knowledge fusion from distributed sources, (ii) management of virtual networks of resources, and (iii) integration of GIS and applied decision support systems.
1. A rapid knowledge integration/fusion methodology and models based on the knowledge source network configuration approach and such technologies/mechanisms as ontology management, knowledge mapping, user profiling, etc. were developed [1-15]. A Multi-agent architecture of the knowledge integration/fusion technology was proposed and partially implemented in a form of research prototype using MS Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++, Visual FoxPro) and ILOG’ constraint satisfaction technology (Configurator 2.0, Solver 5.0, Concert Technology 1.0). As an experimenting case study the intelligent production network configuration using available in the Internet knowledge sources (in XML, RDF, and DAML standards) was chosen. Received results constitute a new scientific lead – “knowledge logistics” – and would have practical applications for the information support of decision making in the complex tasks solving area (virtual enterprise configuration, new complex product’s costs estimation, etc.).
2. A specification of dynamical situations was proposed. It is meant that the situations arise in a set of parallel interacting discrete-event and continuous processes. There were defined cause and effect relations of the situations transforming (following). The dynamical situations are described with values of symbol variables, which represent discrete-event processes states, and modes and constraints of continuous processes. Compound states (“AND states”) are substituted with subsets of “XOR states” that make it possible to represent the situations with conjunctions of logical variables. Events connected with some situations arising (disappearing / transforming) were defined. Some situation transformations infer engines were proposed which differ from each other with processes specification expressiveness, and reliability and effectiveness of their realizations. The results gained may be used for hybrid processes simulation and for dynamic systems diagnostic and control. A research version of computer environment was developed which realized most of results received.
3. Development of model of digital object-oriented maps of World Ocean is carried out in view of digital representation of hydroacoustic and hydrological conditions as bases of modeling of different systems for sea monitoring. This model is connected to Rosgidtomet’ digital channels and allows to collect and represent data for end-user.
1. C.Chandra, S.Kumar, and A.V.Smirnov. E-Management of Scalable Cooperative Supply Chains: Conceptual Modeling and Information Technologies. Special Issue of Human Systems Management Journal, IOS Press, Netherlands, vol. 20, No 2, 2001. - pp. 83-94.
2. A.Smirnov. Profile-Based Configuring of Knowledge Supply Networks in the Global Business Information Environment// Proceedings of 2001 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics “e-Systems and e-Man for Cybernetics in Cyberspace”, Tucson, Arizona, October 2001. – pp.977-982.
3. A.Smirnov, M.Pashkin, N.Chilov, and T. Levashova. Ontology Management in Multi-Agent System for Knowledge Logistics// Proceedings of International Conferences on Info-tech & Info-net (ICII’2001), Beijing, China, Oct.29 - Nov.1, 2001, paper #C36. – pp. 1-6.
4. A.Smirnov, M.Pashkin, N.Chilov, and T. Levashova. Multi-Agent Architecture for Knowledge Fusion from Distributed Sources// Proceedings of the Second International Workshop of Central and Eastern Europe on Multi-Agent Systems (CEEMAS’2001), Krakow, Poland, September, 2001. - pp.403-412 (The paper was selected for publication in the special issue of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Springer Verlag).
5. A.V.Smirnov. Profile-Based Configuring of Knowledge Supply Networks: Major Principles and Ontology Model// The Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Computer Science and Information technologies (CSIT’2001). Yangantau, Russia, September 21-26, 2001. –Vol.1, pp. 90-96.
6. A.Smirnov, M.Pashkin, N.Chilov, and T. Levashova. Major Principles of Knowledge Integration Systems// The Proceedings of the Congress on Artificial Intelligence in 21st Century. Divnomorskoe, Russia, September 2001. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2001, Vol. 1. - ñ. 105-119. (in Russian).
7. C.Chandra and A.V.Smirnov. Virtual Supply Chain Management: Information Framework and Agreement Network Model// The Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design. London, Ontario, Canada, July 2001. – pp. 466-471.
8. A.V.Smirnov. Ontology-Drive Virtual Production Network Configuration: Concept and Constraint-Object-Oriented Knowledge Management// The Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS’2001). Setubal, Portugal, July 2001. Vol. 1. - pp. 345-352.
9. A.V.Smirnov. Knowledge Fusion in the Business Information Environment: Concept and Major Technologies// The Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising (ICE’2001). Bremen, Germany, June 2001. - pp. 273-276.
10. C.Chandra, N.G.Chilov and A.V.Smirnov. Generic Simulation Architecture for Supply Chain Modeling. // The Proceedings of the 15th European Simulation Multiconference (EMS’2001). Prague, Czech Republic, June 2001. – pp. 874-879.
11. C.Chandra and A.V.Smirnov. Information Support of Scalable Supply Chain Configuration: Generic Methodology and Reusable Knowledge Management// The Proceedings of the Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress on Succeeding in the Alliance Game (SAE’2001 World Congress). Detroit, Michigan, March 2001. – SAE Technical Paper # 2001-01-0714 – pp. 1—7.
12. C.Chandra and A.V.Smirnov. Ontology-Drive Knowledge Integration for Consumer-Focused Smart Companies// The Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society (POM-2001). Orlando, Florida, March 2001.
13. C.Chandra and A.V.Smirnov and L.B. Sheremetov Agent Modeling for Information Management in a Supply Chain // The Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society (POM-2001). Orlando, Florida, March 2001.
14. A.V.Smirnov. Rapid Knowledge Fusion into the Scalable Infosphere: A Concept and Possible Manufacturing Applications // The Proceedings of the International NAISO Congress on Information Science Innovations (ISI’2001), Symposium on Intelligent Automated Manufacturing (IAM’2001), Dubai, U.A.E., March, 2001.
15. A.V.Smirnov and C.Chandra. Information Technologies in Supply Chain Management //Agile Manufacturing: 21st Century Competitive Strategy, Gunasekaran A. (Ed.). London, Elsevier Science Publishers, 2001. – pp. 437-461.
16. A.Barski, E.Michalewski, M.Pashkin, I.Rakhmanova, A.Smirnov. Application of Decision Support Tools in Organization Management// The Proceedings of the International Conference on Systems Sciences, Poland, Wroclawie, 2001, p.349 – 356.
17. A.A.Ermolenko, Y.A.Ivakin. Bases of Computer Interpretation of Natural-Science Theories in the Field of Information Security // The Second Interregional Conference on Information Security of Russian Regions (ISRR-2001), St.Petersburg, 2001 (in Russian)