Head of Laboratory - Dr.Sci., Prof. Alexander V. Smirnov - intelligent configuration management of virtual and networking organizations, and knowledge logistics. firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory Staff - 15 members and 3 post-graduate students
PhD, Nikolai G. Chilov - methods and tools for virtual enterprise configuration.
PhD, Oleg Yu. Gusikhin schedule and control methods for manufacturing systems
PhD, Nikolai Mustafin methods and models for complex decision support
PhD, Michael. P. Pashkin Internet-based technologies for knowledge management. email@example.com
PhD, Leonid B. Sheremetov modelling of multi-agent systems
PhD, Vladimir M. Shpakov - hybrid dynamic systems modelling and simulation.
MS in Computer Science, Tatiana V. Levashova methods and technologies for ontology management.
Alexey M. Kashevnik context-based knowledge management of production networks (supervisor Prof. A.V. Smirnov),
Anna S. Komarova ontology-based access to e-documents (supervisor Prof. A.V. Smirnov)
Andrew A. Krizhanovsky synonym set forming based on e-document corpus (supervisor Prof. A.V. Smirnov)
PhD thesis defended
PhD in Computer Science, Nikolai G. Chilov Models for Intelligent Decision Support in Virtual Enterprise Configuration (supervisor Prof. A.V. Smirnov)
PhD in Computer Science, Michael. P. Pashkin Agent-based Knowledge Logistics for Information Support of Decision Making (supervisor Prof. A.V. Smirnov)
MS thesis defended
MS in Computer Science, Alexey M. Kashevnik Development of User Profile Information Models and Software for Intelligent Access to Information Sources (supervisor Prof. A.V. Smirnov)
MS in Computer Science, Anna Komarova Development and Using of Knowledge Map for Intelligent Access to Information Sources (supervisor Prof. A.V. Smirnov)
SPSEEU, Department of Research Automation: Decision Support Systems in Manufacturing, Corporate Information Systems (Prof. A. Smirnov).
The International Workshop on Intelligent Information Management Systems and Technology (March 25-27, 2005; Shanghai, China) A. Smirnov
The Third European HealthGrid Conference (April 7-9, 2005; Oxford, UK) N. Chilov
The 2005 International Conference on Integration of Knowledge Intensive Multi-Agent Systems (April 18-21, 2005; Waltham, MA, USA) - A. Smirnov
The Advanced Study Institute on Multisensor Data and Information Processing for Rapid and Robust Situation and Threat Assessment (May 16-27, 2005, Albena, Bulgaria) - A. Smirnov (an invited lecture)
The International Workshop on Autonomous Intelligent Systems: Agents and Data Mining (June 6-8, 2005; St.Petersburg, Russia) A. Krizhanovsky
The 11th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising (June 20-22, 2005; Munich, Germany) - A. Smirnov
The Colloquium of Technical University of Berlin / Fraunhofer Institute of System and Software Technologies (June 27-28, 2005; Berlin, Germany) - A. Smirnov (an invited lecture)
The All-Russian scientific conference on Control and Information Technologies (June 30 July 2, 2005; St.Petersburg, Russia) - V. Shpakov
The 5th International Conference CONTEXT-05 (July 5-7, 2005; Paris, France) T. Levashova
The Second International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management (July 11-13, 2005; Lyon, France) - A. Smirnov
The 8th International Conference on Information Fusion ( July 25-29, 2005; Philadelphia, USA) - A. Smirnov
The International Conference on Intelligent Systems (September 3-10, 2005; Divnomorskoe, Russia) - A. Smirnov
The First International Conference on System Analysis and Information Technologies.(September 12-16, 2005, Pereslavl-Zalessky, Russia) A. Smirnov
The First International Conference on Changeable, Agile, Reconfigurable and Virtual Production ( September 22-23, 2005; Garching, Germany) - A. Smirnov
The Workshop on Innovative Logistics in Automotive Supply Chains (September 26-27, 2005; Munich, Germany) N. Chilov, A. Smirnov
The IEEE Workshop on Situation Management ( October 17-20, 2005, Atlantic City, USA) - A. Smirnov (an invited speaker of final discussion)
The Second All-Russian Scientific Conference on Simulation Theory & Practice (October 1921, 2005; St.Petersburg, Russia) V. Shpakov
The Conference on Advanced Manufacturing (November 16-17, 2005; Leuven, Belgium) A. Smirnov
Gusikhin O. Technical Leader, Research Laboratory, Ford Motor Company (USA)
Sheremetov L. Principial Investigator, Mexican Petrolium Institute (Mexico)
Smirnov A. Expert of EC Research Directorate, Visiting professor of Advanced Research Institute for the Sciences and Humanities (Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan) and School of Engineering (Jönköping University, Sweden), consulting of Ford Motor Company (USA), participant of the meetings of the EC projects (IMS-NoE and ILIPT) and the European research consortium on SME-Chain
Membership in International Societies
Smirnov A. - member of Advisory Committee of Journal on Information Technologies and .Computer Systems (Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia); Journal of Information & Control Systems (St.Petersburg, Russia)), Journal of Computer Research and Development (China); and International Journal of Multiagent and Grid Systems (IOS Press)
Smirnov A. - member of Reviewer Board of International Journal of Hybrid Intelligent Systems (IOS Press), Applied Soft Computing Journal (Elsevier), European Journal of Operational Research (Elsevier)
Smirnov A. member of IEEE, member of AIAA, member of ISIF, and member of IFAC TC 5.1.
Methods and technologies for knowledge logistics and for management of virtual resource networks.
1. A methodology for building context-aware intelligent decision support systems has developed. The methodology is based on an ontology-driven context model represented through the abstract and application description levels [1-20]. Scenarios of interactions between intelligent Web-service and models of the Web-services have developed. The services are structured into services for (a) user (the group of users) support and user-system interactions; (b) interactions of the system with the external sources of data, infoκmaεion, and knowledge; (c) ontology library support and configuration of the developed problem-oriented Web-services. Application of the methodology will enable to forward building of context-aware intelligent decision support systems thanks to a context adaptation (an adaptation to the needs and properties of the particular user) of the Web-services the system provides. The obtained results can be applied for personalization of intelligent decision support systems in the application domains of business (large industrial, commercial, and logistics systems), research, education, corporate and government management.
2. There was worked out a research version of an instrumental software-based environment for decision making support when conceptual designing of multilevel distributed automated and computerized production and other technical systems . A computational model of a hybrid automaton transitive representation is at the heart of the environment functioning [21, 23]. The environment enables a formal representation of natural-science and expert heuristic knowledge of different dynamical processes control and coordination. For the transitive relations instantiations some sets of transformation rules were proposed. The rules are based on identification of logic-dynamical situations and events which are coherent with the every situation appearance or disappearance. Experimental researches revealed that improving of the rules expressive possibilities causes reliability decrease of the processes executable specifications provided with the rules. For improving expressiveness and reliability of the models there were begun research and development of analytical and algorithmic means for the rules bases verification.
1. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Krizhanovsky, A., Problem Context Creation for Intelligent Decision Support. Fundamental Basis of Information Technologies and Systems. Proceedings of the Institute for System Analysis of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Moscow, ISA RAS, Vol. 9, 2005, 125188 (in Russian)
2. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Context Using for Problem Model Formalization in Intelligent Support of Operational Decision Making. Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Systems. Divnomorskoe, Russia, September 310, 2005. Moscow, Fizmatlit, Vol. 1, 356361 (in Russian)
3. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Methodology of Context Using for Intelligent Decision Support. Proceedings of the First International Conference on System Analysis and Information Technologies. Pereslavl-Zalessky, Russia, September 12-16, 2005, 276282 (in Russian)
4. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Krizhanovsky, A. Agent-Based Intelligent Support to Coalition Operations: A Case Study of Health Service Logistics Support. Information & Security. An International Journal. Special Issue on IT in Coalition and Emergency Operations. ProCon Ltd., Sofia, Vol. 16, 2005, 4161.
5. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Krizhanovsky, A., Knowledge Logistics as an Intelligent Service for Healthcare. Methods of Information in Medicine. Schattauer, Vol. 44, No. 2, 2005, 262264.
6. Smirnov A., Pashkin M., Chilov N., Levashova T. Agents-based Knowledge Logistics. In: R. Khosla, N. Ichalkaranje, L.C. Jain (eds.) Design of Intelligent Multi-Agent Systems: Human-Centredness, Architectures, Learning and Adaptation. Series on Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, Vol. 162, Springer, 2005, 63101.
7. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Krizhanovsky, A. Multi-Agent Decision Support System for Disaster Response and Evacuation. In: B. Dunin-Keplicz, A. Jankowski, A. Skowron, M. Szczuka (eds.). Monitoring, Security, and Rescue Techniques in Multiagent Systems. Series on Advances in Soft Computing: Springer, 2005, 385395.
8. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova T. OntologyBased Knowledge Repository Support for Healthgrids. In: T. Solomonides, R. McClatchey, V. Breton, Y. Legré, S. Nørager (eds.). From Grid to Healthgrid. Series on Studies in Health technology and Informatics, Vol. 112, IOS Press, 2005, 4756.
9. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Krizhanovsky, A., Kashevnik, A. Ontology-Based Users and Requests Clustering in Customer Service Management System. In: V. Gorodetsky, J. Liu, V. Skormin (eds.) Autonomous Intelligent Systems: Agents and Data Mining. Springer GmbH, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3505, 2005, 231246.
10. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T. Operational Decision Support: Context-Based Approach and Technological Framework. In: A. Dey, B. Kokinov, D. Leake, R. Turner (eds.) Modeling and Using Context. LNAI 3554, Springer, 476489.
11. Smirnov A., Pashkin M., Chilov N., Levashova T., Krizhanovsky A. Fusion-Based Intelligent Support for Logistics Management. In: Luis M. Camarinha-Matos (ed.) Emerging Solutions for Future Manufacturing Systems, Springer, 2005, 209-216.
12. Sandkuhl K., Smirnov A., Henoch B. Towards Knowledge Logistics in Agile SME Networks. In: A. Dolgui, J. Soldek, O. Zaikin (eds.) Supply Chain Optimization: Product / Process Design, Facility Location and Flow Control. Series on Applied Optimization, Vol. 94, Springer, 2005, 15-24.
13. Blomqvist, E., Levashova, T., Öhgren, A., Sandkuhl, K., Smirnov, A., Tarassov V. Configuration of dynamic SME supply chains based on ontologies. In: Marik, V., Brennan R.W., Pechoucek M. (eds.) Holonic and Multi-Agent Systems for Manufacturing. LNAI 3593, Springer, 2005, 246-256.
14. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T. Context-Based Knowledge Integration for Operational Decision Support in Network-Centric Environment. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Homeland Security and Personal Safety, Orlando, FL, USA, March 31-April 1, 2005. IEEE Catalog Number 05EX1081C, IEEE, 2005, 7178.
15. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T. Ontology-Driven Intelligent Decision Support of OOTW Operations: Health Service Logistics Support. In: C. Thompson, H. Hexmoor (eds.). Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Integration of Knowledge Intensive Multi-Agent Systems, April 18-21, 2005; Waltham, MA, USA, March 31-April 1, 2005. Library of Congress Number 2005922338, IEEE, 2005, 522527.
16. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N. Personalized Customer Service Management for Networked Enterprises. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising, Munich, Germany, June2022, 2005, 295302.
17. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T. Ontology-Based Support for Semantic Interoperability between SCM and PLM. In: (A. Bouras, B. Gurumoorthy, R. Sudarsan, eds.) Proceedings of the International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management, Lyon, France, July 1113, 2005. Interscience Enterprises Ltd., Geneve, Switzerland, 2005, 127136.
18. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T., Krizhanovsky, A. Ontology-Driven Information Integration to Operational Decision Support. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Information Fusion (IF 2005), Philadelphia, PA, USA, July 2529, 2005. IEEE Catalog Number 05EX1120C, ISBN: 0-7803-9287-6, IEEE, 2005, 1-7.
19. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T. Ontology-Driven Knowledge Sharing in Global Supply Chains. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Changeable, Agile, Reconfigurable and Virtual Production, Garching, Germany, September 2223, 2005. ISBN: 3-8316-0540-8, 1-7.
20. Smirnov, A., Pashkin, M., Chilov, N., Levashova, T. KSNet-Approach Application to Knowledge-Driven Evacuation Operation Management. Proceedings of the Workshop on Situation Management, Atlantic City, NJ, USA. October 1720, 2005, IEEE Catalog Number 05CH37719C, ISBN: 0-7803-9394-5, 1-7.
21. Shpakov, V., An Approach to Dynamic Systems Control and Simulation Based on a Hybrid Automaton Transitive Model Specification. Proceedings of All-Russian Scientific Conference on Control and Information Technologies, St.Petersburg, Russia, June 30 July 2, 2005, Vol. 2, 107-115 (in Russian)
22. Shpakov, V., A Prototype of an Environment for Structured Collection of Interacting Processes Simulation. Proceedings of the Second All-Russian Scientific Conference on Simulation Theory and Practice, St.Petersburg, October 19 21, 2005, Vol. II, 292 295(in Russian)
23. Shpakov, V., Transitive Model of Processes and Its Usage for Dynamic System Simulation. Proceedings of the Second All-Russian Scientific Conference on Simulation Theory and Practice, St.Petersburg, October 19 21, 2005, Vol. I, 288 - 292(in Russian)