I. PERSONAL DATA
Date and place of birth: July 14, 1970, Sumy, Ukraine, USSR
Marital status: Married, one child
39, 14th line, SPIIRAS, St.Petersburg, 199178, Russia
Fax: +7(812) 328-0685
II. ACADEMIC DEGREES
2005: PhD in Computer Science, St.Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia, Computer Aided Integrated Systems Laboratory
Subject area: "Software for computers, computer systems and networks"
1992: Master’s degree, St.Petersburg State University, St.Petersburg, Russia, Mathematics and mechanics faculty
Subject area: mathematics and applied mathematics.
III. PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
1994 – Present:
St.Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS), Computer-Aided Integrated Systems Laboratory
Position: senior research scientist (since 2005); previously: PhD student, part-time junior researcher, and full-time researcher.
• Decision support systems;
• Multi agent systems;
• Web services
• Knowledge management;
• Ontology management;
• Intelligent tutoring systems.
• Manager of the projects “Intelligent Customer Surface for Software” (2006) and “Intelligent Access to Catalogs and Documents” (2003-2004) for industrial German company. Tasks of the projects belong to areas of corporate knowledge management, customer service management and software interoperability. The software packages developed in the framework of the projects can be considered as a part of corporate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The projects had fundamental and practical implications.
• Member of the project “Ontology-driven Information Integration from Heterogeneous Sources for Operational Decision Making Support and Intelligent Networks for Secured / Survivable Power Systems” sponsored by US Office of Naval Research and The European Office of Aerospace Research & Development (EOARD) (2005-2006). Tasks of the project belong to area of knowledge management. The project had fundamental implications.
• Manager of the task “Rapid Knowledge Fusion in the Scalable Infosphere” of the project “Mathematical Basis of Knowledge Discovery and Autonomous Intelligent Architectures” carried out for European Office of Aerospace Research and Development (EOARD) (2000-2003). Tasks of the project belong to area of knowledge management. The project had fundamental implications.
• Member of several research projects supported by the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research. The major areas of research are: ontology and context management, distributed applications (intelligent agents and Web services), constraint satisfaction and support of decision making. The projects had mostly fundamental implications.
Programming languages, tools and standards: Java, MS Visual Studio 6.0 and higher (Visual C++, Visual Basic, Visual FoxPro), MS Access, MySQL, JADE, Jess, Web-servers, Constraint Solvers (ILOG, Choco), UML, ADO, ODBC, JDBC, ActiveX, COM-technology, XML, DAML+OIL, OWL.
Wholesale and retail trades company “Aleko”, St.Petersburg, Russia.
Position: leader of IT department.
• Coordination of work of IT department (programmers, administrators, engineers);
• Control of usage of computers, computer accessories and office equipment;
• Optimization of company expenses for telephone communication;
• Development of distributed off-line system for keeping information about clients, suppliers, prices and ware motion;
• In case of need: modification, maintenance and support of existing software an company Web site; system administration; preparation and test of computers with Windows 9x/ ME, Windows NT/2000; programming of office phone stations.
Programming languages, tools and standards: Microsoft FoxPro 2.6, Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 and higher, Windows NT/2000, 9x/ ME, Novell Netware 4.xx, Microsoft SQL 6.5, 7.0, 2000, Microsoft Office 97, 2000, ActiveX, ODBC, OLE.
American real estate agency “InterOccidental”.
Position: senior programmer.
• Team leader;
• Database administration and troubleshooting;
• Development of new software;
• Modification, maintenance and support of existing software;
• Training of employees on new versions of software;
• Writing of technical documentation;
• Testing of software;
• Solution of user problems;
• Business trips.
Programming languages, tools and standards: Microsoft FoxPro 2.6, Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 and 5.0, Microsoft Access 2.0 – 7.0, Microsoft Word 95/97, mini SQL, ODBC tools, DDE and OLE technologies.
Commercial firm “Vitex-Baltica”.
Position: Programmer, Senior programmer.
• Team leader;
• Manager of project for development of client-server software for personnel departments of Rovno and Tver nuclear power stations;
• Problem originator;
• Senior programmer.
• Client-server applications for personal departments of Rovno and Tver nuclear power stations;
• Special library for Btrieve data proceeding using FoxPro 2.0 environment.
Environments: Watcom C 8.0, Borland C 2.0, FoxPro 2.0, Btrieve 5.0, Netware SQL 3.0.
Petrodvorets health protection department.
Position: Operator and later Computer specialist.
• Developing databases and obtaining data for them;
• Support of existing software.
Main projects: problems of medicine management software.
Environments: Clipper 5.0, FrameWork III.
Joint Soviet – British company “Computer Systems and Technologies”.
Duties: member of programmer team.
Main projects: ASM 85 compiler.
Environments: Modula-2, Assembler.
On my own time, I participated in several projects as programmer, problem originator, expert and software support person. The main projects are:
• “Satori” – program for advertising firm automation. It provides unique tools for clients’ price lists collecting, processing and forming output brochure using linear programming methods. It works with graphic files (JPEG and TIFF), DBF files and Microsoft Word Files.
• “AVC” – software for small warehouse and shop automation.
I visited exhibitions and special seminars, read special literature and news. I assembled, prepared and tested personal computers and servers. I had external courses on English and German languages. I attended more than 10 international conferences, has a number of business trips within Russia and abroad.
IV. ALL STAGES OF EDUCATION
2001: Summer School on Software Architecture, 13-17, August, Turku, Finland
1994-1997: PhD student, Institute for Informatics and Automation of Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS), Computer-Aided Integrated Systems Laboratory, St.Petersburg, Russia.
Subjects: distributed computer systems, group decision support systems, multi-agent systems, distributed databases.
1987-1992: Student, Leningrad State University, Mathematics and mechanics faculty, software engineering department, Leningrad, USSR (later Saint-Petersburg, Russia).
Subjects: mathematics, different aspects of software development, databases, expert systems, systems theory.
Master's degree in mathematics
Since my graduation from SPb State University I have participated in complex software projects devoted to development of multi-user distributed environments. Simultaneously I have worked as a researcher in this area. From my point of view there is a big gap between theoretical approaches and practical implementation of most tasks in real systems.
I have attended several scientific conferences. The most of presented papers were devoted to theoretical approaches and have never been implemented. Our approach devoted to corporate knowledge management and customer relationship management is an implementation of the developed theoretical approach to knowledge logistics based on the knowledge fusion